The Firm’s team of professionals specializes in regulated sectors, with emphasis on the Energy sector, which in collaboration with the Public Law, Urban Planning, Real Estate, Commercial and Tax teams, advises our Clients in all types of operations related to energy assets.
The Energy team provides clients an added value as a result of an extensive knowledge in the different areas that affect businesses in the energy sector, from the management of the land involved (whether private or public domain), through the environmental and purely regulatory aspects, to investment operations, project financing and disinvestment in energy assets.
Starting from a practical approach aimed at achieving the commercial objectives of the Clients, GTA Villamagna Abogados has a wide experience in the following fields:
- Construction and operation of power plants of different technologies, particularly renewable energy (biomass, solar, hydro and thermoelectric), including the negotiation of energy sales contracts, access to transmission and distribution networks, as well as energy storage, distribution and commercialization.
- Investment and disinvestment operations in energy assets and mining resources (companies within the sector), counseling new investors on the electricity market, managing legal audits’ processes, negotiation and closing of purchase and sale operations, as well as providing effective solutions for the success of said operations and adequately identifying potential risks from a legal point of view.
- Highly complex energy and natural resources litigation.
- Energy regulations’ analysis and its application, as well as intermediation and negotiation actions with the responsible Administrations.
- Counseling on mining concessions and permits for the exploitation of mining resources.